Mediacentral service starter kit
Generates platform service quick and easily.
Install the package
Install the service starter kit from npmjs
npm i -g mediacentral-service-starter-kit-nodejs
To create your service just run the package and follow instructions. You can also create a service by passing parameters to script (use --help for more info).
.json file example with defined methods
You need to have a .json file with your service methods definitions.
Before you begin
Make sure you've opened the gateway mask on the server for development. Open this file:
And change the mask to:
Building rpm file
Create service .rpm file
- Copy service sources to your linux machine
- Run bash rpm-install/create-rpm-package.sh
Install created rpm
- Run rpm -ivh [rpm]
- start - runs your service
- stop - stops your service
- restart - restarts your service
- status - prints service status and pid
How can I check my service output?
Your service output will be stored in /var/log/avid/[service]/log
Why am I seeing 'Authentication error: Client IP is not allowed either by gateway or service policy'?
You'll need to make sure the IP mask is open on the gateway (see Before you begin)
Why am I getting '404 Not Found: proxy-bal'?
You'll need to include proxy-bal module
How to include proxy-bal
Proxy-bal is package accesible only for developers with a Avid developer account
Steps include proxy-bal:
- Download proxy-bal package from https://my.avid.com/cpp/sdk/apc (Avid Platform Connector Node)
- Extract downloaded files
- Enter the extracted directory and then node_modules directory
- Extract proxy-bal.tgz file
- Rename package directory to proxy-bal
- Copy the proxy-bal directory to node_modules in service directory
- Open command line inside proxy-bal directory and type npm update
How to build service rpm installer